Squad question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Squad question

Post  mouseonfire on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:26 pm

A little problem has arisen with the National Team since John Dunn team went bot he went to a German team (I'm not complaining though, we kept Birney and he is now in an Irish team in training) but anyway at the moment we have MacNeilly in the squad who is very close to dropping however still a top class player. MacNeilly will be a second string player this season so we could afford to bring in another player. Our options are two players fresh from the u20s.

MacNeilly - 34 years (on the verge of dropping)

Finlay Audley - 21 years

MacIlwraith - 21 years

All opinions are apprieciated.

mouseonfire
Forum GOD
Forum GOD

Back to top Go down

Re: Squad question

Post  c clampett on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:49 pm

imo we are just counting the days with mcneilly - and his form is dropping atm, he'l be almost 36 come the next WC so theres realisticly no hope of him retaining his current skills till then - i'd bite the bullet and bring in Audley now, get used to working around him and hope theres a few nice pops over the next 2 seasons
(he popped in stamina,defence,tech,jumpin & agility 4 weeks ago, strength 3 weeks ago, handling & defence about 7 weeks, speed back in early november)

c clampett
Forum GOD
Forum GOD

Back to top Go down

Post  eoghainchops on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:58 pm

I'd personally keep MacNeilly for another season, his overall skills are still far Superíor(16) to other two. Even if he drops a skill soon they wont drop very quick. if you were to bring in the young lads would you have faith that the could do a job if everyone in front of them got injured. They are still only 21 so they have time with them.

eoghainchops
Very active user
Very active user

Back to top Go down

Post  satory on Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:36 pm

As much as it pains me to say, I think Audley is probably the better of the two at the moment... Sad

satory
Active user
Active user

Back to top Go down

Post  c clampett on Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:44 pm

satory wrote:As much as it pains me to say, I think Audley is probably the better of the two at the moment... Sad

untrainables seperated Audley from mcIlwraith a bit imo, whats your opinion on keeping McNeilly or dropping him though?

c clampett
Forum GOD
Forum GOD

Back to top Go down

Post  satory on Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:53 pm

I'd drop him...

He'll be 36 come the next world cup, and while he is still a quality player, we should constantly be looking to blood new players, rather than hold on as long as possible to older ones. Also by blooding a younger player now, you are adding to your player pool come the world cup, McNeilly can still make it, form et all depending...

satory
Active user
Active user

Back to top Go down

Post  mouseonfire on Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:09 pm

I like the fact that MacIlwraith is going to have better stamina not only because of his lighter weight but he is of course a skill higher but Audley adds huge weight to the backrow...

MacNeilly is definetly dropping atm. Around 1000 this week with stable form Sad
So I will dropping him this season it just depends when.

mouseonfire
Forum GOD
Forum GOD

Back to top Go down

Post  Amleto on Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:44 pm

Well, in my experience, dropping starts around 1000k per week, than very quickly reachers 2/3k per week. So I would keep him for maybe the first half of the season, then work with Audley. Unless you feel we have a realistic chance of winning the 6 nations B.

Is Dunn being trained?

Also, today first 6 nation win of italy s ireland...iihihihi

Amleto
Dedicated user
Dedicated user

Back to top Go down

Post  c clampett on Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:55 pm

Amleto wrote:

Is Dunn being trained?

nope, now a dead duck Evil or Very Mad

c clampett
Forum GOD
Forum GOD

Back to top Go down

Post  wexford1979 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:14 pm

I think both are a good way behind, have you considered Evan MaGee who would make a perfect No.3 until these guys get a few more pops? With such little difference between all teams we need to ensure we don't get relegated so the luxury of carrying players should be kept to a minimum.

wexford1979
Forum GOD
Forum GOD

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.office.php#page=summary&a

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:51 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top